GOOD MANUFACTURING PRACTICE COMPLIANCE DECLARATION
Updated: 30th September 2020
MI Impressions Limited adheres to the following GMP and has been designated the following GMP ref number: ISO22716
- The Work Area will be kept clean and tidy at all times
- No smoking, eating, drinking or food preparation in the work area during cosmetic production.
- Adequate ventilation will be maintained.
- Equipment will be checked before and after use for any defects; should any be found the item(s) will not be used until repaired or replaced.
- Equipment will be cleaned and stored immediately after use.
- Equipment will be kept separate from that used for food preparation and dining.
Personal Hygiene, Health and Safety
- Good personal cleanliness will be maintained.
- Designated clothing will be worn (footwear to cover all upper surface of feet, no sandal styles to be worn).
- Refrain from cosmetic making if suffering from skin infection or lesions (small cuts and abrasions on hands to be covered with food-grade dressing and vinyl gloves) until condition is cleared.
- Refrain from cosmetic making if suffering from infectious or contagious condition (including Common Cold) or allergy until condition is cleared.
- Hands to be washed before commencing production.
- Ensure floor area is free from clutter and spillage.
- Ensure hands are dry and that switches are in "off" position before plugging/unplugging electrical equipment.
- Maintain good posture when lifting and carrying, avoid twisting.
- When cutting from solid ingredient block place it on secure surface and use downward action with knife; do not cut solid ingredient pieces held in hand.
- Use safety gloves when handling hot equipment.
- Use vinyl gloves when measuring/pouring Essential Oils or Fragrance Oils.
- Ensure familiarity with ingredient MSDSs, particularly with regard to ingestion, inhalation and spills on skin.
- Ensure good ventilation.
- Clean up any spillages immediately and dispose of appropriately (see MSDSs).
Storage of Ingredients and Finished cosmetics
- Ingredients will be stored in the original containers from suppliers, particularly essential oils and fragrance oils in amber bottles, with original labels and batch numbers. These will be placed in plastic storage boxes with sealed lids.
- Finished products will be stored in plastic storage boxes with sealed lids.
- All storage at ambient room temperature (in coolest room during any heat-wave).
- All containers to be labelled.
- Batch numbers and dates to be checked regularly.